Generac 3-Day Air Cooled Course
- Nightly exercises
- Electrical safety
- Generator Fundamentals
- Engine and generator control operational analysis
- Fuel systems and proper gaseous fuel pressure testing
- Proper unit maintenance to include valve lash, oil and air filter(s)
- Proper Installation guidelines and procedures
- Hands-on troubleshooting and operation
- Alternator operation and testing
- Engine operation, familiarization and testing
- Battery, starter and charging system fundamentals and
- Transfer switches familiarization and testing
- Installation and application information
- Hands On Troubleshooting
- Complete unit teardown and rebuild to include proper Rotor/Stator removal and replacement procedure
- Proper use of Diagnostic Flow Charts and Testing Procedures
- Proper use of test equipment and tools to include, but not limited to, VOM, Ammeter, Manometer, Torque Wrench,
- Battery Tester, Compression/Leak-down Tester
- Use of schematics & wiring diagrams
Fees include instruction, program materials, and lunch. Cost subject to change.
A PC with CD drive running MS Windows operating systems (Windows 98, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or 8), along with the latest version of Adobe Reader.
No polyester clothing, all cotton clothing required. No shorts, tank tops or open-toed shoes allowed. No cell phones or pagers during class hours.